Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich

I was very excited about Louise Erdrich's new book,  The Night Watchman, and was not disappointed! The nuances of descriptive detail draw me in like few other authors that I know.  I never feel as though I know or can assume what is going to happen in her stories.  That ability to create intrigue in the daily life of her characters is, for me, what makes the story come to life.

This story did leave me wanting more at the end.  And I don't mean  a happy ending with all the bits tied up in nice little bow, it's that I felt the story ended too abruptly.  But then, that is, I suppose, an indication of how fondly I had grown of the characters.  I hope there will be more stories with these characters.

The Luck Library owns a copy of this book, it may be available for curbside pick-up soon!

1 comment: